A Word from Ian Shaw
This year Kuyper Christian School celebrates 40 years! Starting a new school year is always a good time to reflect on our Creedal Statement, and after 40 years, it’s timely to evaluate how we are going. Do we still live the hopes and the story of our pioneers 40 years ago? Most importantly, are we living a story that is true to our Biblical worldview and beliefs? The Creedal Statement was designed to keep us focused on the important issues. It is a foundation that was laid 40 years ago by parents like you and me who want their children to grow up knowing Jesus in every aspect of life and learning in His world.
Christ is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He liberates and renews us. He also sends His Holy Spirit to lead us into truth. We gladly submit to the Bible as our guide for all of life. And because of these things, we humbly, yet confidently engage in education so that Jesus Christ will be glorified in everything.Creedal Statement, Kuyper Christian School
That’s right, everything; every square inch! I love this statement in our Creed. It pronounces Christ King of Kings and Lord of all. It reminds us of His saving work in renewing, restoring and guiding us with spiritual healing and leading. I speak for more than myself, I am sure, when I say these things. I speak for all Staff, Board members and many Parents at Kuyper who gladly seek to submit to the authority of the Bible as our lifelong guide. In a season filled with uncertainly and anxiety, the Bible is a time-honoured book, the word of God, that can be trusted to speak words of life into a world that longs for hope and meaning.
During this year, may we come with thankfulness to God for what He has done in the preceding 40 years, and pray with confidence for what He will do in the future. I am convinced that God’s faithfulness will be ongoing in this community.
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.Lamentations 3:22-23
Keep up to date with important information for this week.
- The Parent Portal and Kuyper App will be the primary vehicle for day-to-day communications between the school and parents in 2023. The School Calendar, weekly news, event advice and other essential functions will only be available in the Parent Portal and Kuyper App. At least one parent/carer from each household where your child resides needs access to the portal or app. If you are not already using the App, or need assistance resetting your user account and password, call 4573 2999 and we will assist you to connect.
- Nurture Magazine has been sent home to each family via their eldest child. Look for an article by our very own Ruth Thompson on page 20.
- Lost Property is over-flowing. Please come and check if any of it is yours, as lost property will be discarded or re-sold at the end of the year.
- Parents are reminded to continue testing for COVID and advise us if there is COVID in their household. If concerned, we encourage students to wear a mask at school for their own and others’ protection. In line with NSW Health recommendations, we also ask that close contacts wear a mask indoors and on public transport (including the Kuyper bus) and test regularly. We still have a good supply of RAHT kits. Contact the Office if you would like some sent home.
- Reminder to parents to ensure that all fees are paid by the end of year. Contact the Office if you have any concerns.
- Families who rely on the Busways service need to know that there have been some changes to the timetables until the end of term. Use the buttons below to access the temporary timetables for Term 4.
Prayer & Praise
Please join us in bringing our community before our great God.
- Praise God that he continues in his sovereignty through all circumstances. Praise him that he is “the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God” (1 Timothy 1:17), and that he loves us.
- Give thanks for holidays, breaks and changes in rhythm. Pray for connection, peace and safety for all our families during these school holidays. Pray for connection and community to grow for all at Kuyper Christian School, particularly at Limelight!
- Pray for school families and staff families who are coping with illness and accident: Faithfull, Hill, Eastlake, Armstrong, Gubbins, Huxley, Daly. Pray for good rest, connection and healing for all our families, staff and students.
- Give thanks for our Government and those in authority. Pray that they would be led in wisdom and truth to lead our country for the future good of all. Pray that “every person be subject to the governing authorities.” Give thanks that our government has been “instituted by God” (Romans 13:1).
- Give thanks for our Board and Executive team as they interview potential new staff members. Pray for one-ness of purpose for our staff, Board, Executive team, and Association as they plan, prepare and budget for 2023. Praise the Lord for His provision to us all the time.