Mike Hottinger, Chaplain
I’m sure you are as excited as I am that restrictions are being lifted this week for so many reasons: no more sticky, humid masks; no more signing in (and in my case, the less common, signing out); to say nothing of the general fear, confusion and isolation. It has also been around 8 months since our last Primary Bible group (LimeTime) was held at recess. This means that our committed High School LimeTime leaders haven’t been able to lead and encourage the Primary students each week, which they always look forward to. Instead, they undertook leadership training during Term 4 last year, and over the past few weeks have been team-building and preparing for 2022.
Their training involved:
- Understanding Biblical leadership
- Leading in a team
- Learning how to prepare a Bible talk
- Discipline and caring for children
- How to run a game
Everyone also brought in their most treasured possession, and shared about it with the rest of the group.
This week we will prepare to return to business as usual for the rest of the term. In support of our student leaders, please pray for:
- The continued commitment and godly wisdom of our High School leaders
- Enthusiasm amongst the Year 3-6 LimeTime kids for hearing the Bible each week
- Kuyper students’ relationships with God and their own holiness
For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.2 Corinthians 4:5