Timeless

Sandra Daly, Secondary Teacher

I was privileged to visit northern Italy during the last school holidays. The weather was glorious and I managed to miss the devastating floods which again ravaged the Hawkesbury. Italy is full of amazing castles, cathedrals and cafes. On every street corner there are infinite choices for cappuccino and cake. 

I particularly enjoyed visiting the majestic cathedrals and churches and I was constantly reminded of the timeless nature of the Gospel. I gazed on 1,000 year old frescoes, still as fresh and vibrant as the day they were painted. They all told stories from Scripture, some in rather gruesome detail, but all faithful to the Truth.  We know that the Gospel does not change; the truth “is the same yesterday, today and forever”, but to see the stories  displayed by painters from so long ago was humbling and reassuring. The baptistry of Parma Cathedral showed the whole creation story in 12 majestic panels that left the viewer in no doubt of the might and power of our great God.

In this celebration year for Kuyper I am reminded of our pioneers, their faithfulness to God and their dream of teaching children about the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. I have been associated with Kuyper for 37 years and in all that time the Board and staff have never wavered from their original purpose, to glorify God; the same purpose that inspired the painters of Parma cathedral, 1,000 years ago.

Latest Posts

Non-Uniform Day

On the last day of Term, we will hold a non-uniform day to raise money for Operation Christmas Child. Students are encouraged to wear non-uniform and bring a gold coin.

Read More »

Partnering for the Future

Often, when we talk about partnering, the discussion focuses on supporting parents’ right to choose the education they want. In a very real sense, independent schools rely on parents’ support to sustain the viability of this education choice.

Read More »

Uniform Shop 2023

If you are a current Kuyper parent (i.e. your children are attending this year) and you require a fitting, there is a link to make a booking for your family.

Read More »