Exploring God’s World

Amanda McAlpine, Prep & Primary Teacher

Life is hectic. It seems to go too fast, and we often miss the tiny things that God gives us to remind us of the wonder of his creativity and love.

Two weeks ago, I was walking the Prep class from the hall to our classroom. This is not a particularly long walk, but my mind was already busy thinking about our plans for afternoon lessons. As we hurried along, I heard one of the Preps say “Mrs McAlpine… look!” I heard the urgency in the voice and stopped in my tracks. I turned around, expecting something wrong. 

“Look, it’s a beetle!” said the Prep Explorer. At first I couldn’t even see the insect; it was hidden on the other side of the handrail. Once I saw, I wondered how on earth I had missed it, as this was no ordinary beetle. The back and wings were the most amazing combination of metallic and iridescent colours! We were all in awe of its perfect miniature beauty. Despite its size, the Preps insisted I take a photo. It was difficult for my camera to focus, but I managed to get a couple of shots. When we got back to the classroom, we watched the photographs on the television so we could have a closer look. We counted the colours, spots, and legs as we zoomed in on this most beautiful and intriguing insect. We thanked God for creating such an amazing creature.

My Preps are experts at noticing amazing things in God’s creation, everyday. Not only do they notice, they are desperate to share it with everyone around them! That is why I call them “God’s Little Explorers”; they see and seek God in all the little things, and they rejoice! It is natural for them to be in awe of everything God has made and done for us.

This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118:24

I think we can learn a lot about our wonderful God by looking at life through the eyes of our youngest Kuyperians.

Latest Posts

Special 40 Year Events

Parents, Association members, alumni and staff are warmly invited to celebrate the significant milestone of our 40 Year Anniversary with two special events at the end of this term.

Read More »

Exploring God’s World

My Preps are experts at noticing amazing things in God’s creation, everyday. I call them “God’s Little Explorers”; they see and seek God in all the little things, and they rejoice!

Read More »

Athletics Carnival

On Friday this week, our Kuyper Athletics Carnival will be held at McMahons Park, Kurrajong. Here is some useful information for the day.

Read More »

Dirty Water

Here at Kuyper, we acknowledge that God doesn’t just make creeks clean; through Jesus, he makes us clean. Jesus’ death is enough to cover all our sins.

Read More »

Kuyper Kolouring in Face Off

To celebrate Kuyper’s 40th anniversary, colouring sheets are being sent home with Primary and Prep students. They are age specific. Return your entry to the Office by Friday 24 June.

Read More »