Here is some updated information on the phased-in return of students. Please read it carefully, and if anything is still unclear, contact the Office. We ask families to adhere to the return dates if at all possible. However, if this is not possible, please contact the Office by Thursday this week (21 October). Here are the next round of key dates:
- 25 October – full time face-to-face learning for Years 3 – 10 begins again
- 1 November – StuVac for Year 12 begins (study at home or school)
- 8 November – Compressed subjects begin for Year 10 & 11 students (Year 10 students can wear their Senior Uniform). HSC exams begin at Kuyper Christian School.
Here are some points to remember:
- Busways services have been running as normal from 18 October 2021. All passengers must wear a mask when travelling on public transport.
- Kuyper bus has been running as normal, completing its regular route, from 18 October 2021. All passengers must wear a mask.
- When dropping off Secondary students, please use the “Kiss & Ride” lane in the Secondary carpark, or park outside the fence.
- When picking up Secondary students, please wait outside the school fence and follow the COVID guidelines for outdoor mingling.
- When dropping off Primary students, please use the pedestrian gate near the Office or the tall gate near the playground (below the bus bay). Do not use the bus bay to drop off or pick up students as this will hinder the movement of buses.
- When picking up Primary students, please wait outside the school gates (either near the Office or at the tall gate near the playground) and follow the COVID guidelines for outdoor mingling. Staff will release students to their parents as they see them waiting.
- Please park parallel to the fence on the school side of the road, if possible, or parallel to the road on the opposite side of the road. Please do not park in or near the bus bay, the bus bay island or the Secondary or Primary carparks. Council may fine you if you park anywhere near the bus bay. It is unsafe for you to park and pick up your child from the Primary or Secondary carparks due to the movement of buses, cars and pedestrians through these spaces.
- All staff and students in Year 7 – 12 must wear a mask indoors (but not outdoors), unless written advice from a medical practitioner has been submitted to the Office.
- Students in Prep – Year 6 are not required to wear masks indoors or outdoors. However, they are encouraged to do so if they wish.
- As parents are not allow on site yet, Uniform may be ordered via telephone or email and paid for via telephone or direct deposit. Contact the Office to place an order. Orders will be picked on Mondays and Thursdays only. You will receive a text message when your order is ready. You may collect it up by phoning the Office from outside the School gate, or reply to the text and have the order sent home with your child.
- Secondary students can book a time with the Office on either Monday or Thursday to attend the Uniform Shop for sizing. We are more than happy to exchange items until the correct size is found.
At school, staff will be following Government COVID-safe guidelines. These will include:
- Separation of school student groups in Primary and Secondary where possible.
- Well-ventilated classrooms and offices.
- Sanitation stations placed around the school and use regularly encouraged, along with handwashing.
- Regular professional cleaning of buildings and furniture.
- Regular intermediate cleaning of high-touch areas by staff throughout the school day.
Here are some resources that you may find useful as you negotiate this phased-in return:
- Secondary student return timetable: https://online.kuyper.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/10/Secondary-Student-Return-Timetable.pdf
- HSC Exam timetable: https://online.kuyper.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/10/2021-HSC-Exam-Timetable.pdf
- Uniform price list and order form: https://online.kuyper.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/10/Uniform-Price-List-Order-Form.pdf