As you may have already heard in the media, the NSW Government has announced that we can return to school sooner than we initially expected. Students will now return to face-to-face learning, within NSW Health-approved COVID-safe settings, on the following dates:
- From 18 October – Prep, Kindergarten, Year 1/2 and Year 12
- From 25 October – Year 6 and 11
- From 1 November – Year 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10
This means that we will be applying COVID-safe protocols within school life into the immediate future. This will include:
- Phased re-entry of cohorts over several weeks from 18 October (as above).
- Separation of school sections P-6 and 7-12 where possible.
- Wearing of facemasks whilst at school for all Staff and Secondary students. This will be optional for Primary students.
- Well-ventilated classrooms and offices with windows open.
- Restricted parent access to the school. Parents will be asked to rely on remote methods of contact.
- Adults to maintain social distancing.
- Sanitation stations placed around the school and used regularly.
- Regular professional cleaning of buildings and surfaces.
It is encouraging that we have a plan for an eventual full return. Although ongoing limits may still apply in some situations, we are hopeful of a more normal school experience for our students. It has been a long journey to this point, but we can see light at the end of the tunnel now. We look forward to reconnecting in person one day soon.