Requirements for Schools in Greater Sydney
Masks and face coverings
While at school, masks or face coverings are required in all indoor settings for:
- all students in Year 7 or above
- all staff in school settings
Some exemptions apply:
- Staff are not required to wear a mask or face covering where it may affect the ability of a student or students to hear or engage with them, such as where clear enunciation and communication is essential.
- Masks or face coverings are not required to be worn by a staff member or student who has a physical or mental health illness or condition, or disability, that makes wearing a mask unsuitable. For example, if they have a skin condition, an intellectual disability, autism, or trauma, they are not required to wear a mask. Refer to Face mask rules on the NSW Government website
Masks are mandatory on public transport. This applies to students aged 13 years and over and staff when travelling to and from school and during school excursions by public transport or chartered or private transport services.
Cyber safe families
The following resources are available to assist families in supporting their children in being responsible online users:
- Cyber safe families – an overview of cyber safety
- Technology and wellbeing – useful tips and tools
- Digital citizenship – a collection of articles and resources to maximise students’ use of technology.
Non-essential visitors are not permitted on school sites. Parents should:
- Follow the physical distancing advice for their local area and avoid gathering outside of school gates.
- Remain outside of school grounds (some exceptions may exist re. vulnerable students or students with disability)
- Adhere to mask-wearing requirements and sign-in using the Service NSW QR code when entering the school.
- Call the Office rather than visit unless it is essential.
QR code sign-in process for all staff and visitors
The NSW Government have introduced mandatory QR codes across a range of additional settings, including schools. Staff and on-site visitors, including contractors, will be required to check in every day.