Dear Kuyper Families,
I share today important news of the need to introduce tighter State Government restrictions in the operation of our school during this pandemic. Please take note of the following changes effective from today for the remainder of Term 3. They will be reviewed again later in the term.
- The School will be vigilant in ensuring that staff and students do not attend school or work if they are unwell. Students absent or sent home due to flu like symptoms must be tested.
- Staff and students must not return to school or work until they return a negative COVID-19 result and are symptom free.
- The School must sight the negative COVID-19 test result prior to students or staff returning to school. Please send through the negative result SMS notification to the School Office prior to return. Remember to add your name to the message.
SMS Kuyper: 0436 025 775
Excursions & Camps
- All excursions, camps and inter-school activities will be on hold until further notice.
- The School Concert Band and the Year 4 Band program will be suspended until further notice. This is due to the increased risk of COVID transmission in this context. There will be no rehearsals on Friday morning until further notice. The Band Room online classroom will still be active and the communication point for Band members. Students are encouraged to keep on practising at home.
- We are in a great position with the progression of our Seussical Musical, however, we are required to place all rehearsals on hold for the time being. We hope to be able to recommence later in the year, or early next year, all being well. Subsequently, there will be no Saturday rehearsal this weekend and no week day rehearsals until further notice. The online Musical classroom will still be active for students to engage with and they are encouraged to continue rehearsing at home.
Events and Gatherings
- All events and gatherings of large groups will be on hold until further notice. There will continue to be no large assemblies involving parents. Our Year 12 Graduation is not scheduled until Term 4; we hope to still be able to go ahead with this event at that time. It may require a modified approach.
- Students will be encouraged to play in separate year groups where possible, to reduce potential transmission across the School should an outbreak occur. Being a small school segregation between Primary and Secondary will be the most significant separation. Students are also required to avoid unnecessary physical contact. Regular hand washing and hand sanitation throughout the day will remain an ongoing expectation.
These are extraordinary times in which we live. I am so glad we worship an extraordinary God who we trust and who has us in the palm of His hand.
Regards, Ian Shaw