Homework Insights #1

Homework & You by Bill Rusin

Homework is an opportunity for children to learn and enrich their education and it can give parents a greater stake in the learning process. Parents are most important in making homework a spark that encourages a child to learn. Parents do this simply by being interested and available. However, engaging with homework can be stressful for parents. Here are some questions I am familiar with, as an educator:

• How can I get John to do his homework; all he wants to do is play on the computer and watch TV?
  • Why isn’t Rachel getting more homework?
  • David is involved in so many things like sport, youth group and helping at home that he doesn’t have time to do much homework.
  • How can I help Amy with her Maths; even I don’t understand it?
  • Does homework really do any good?

Over the next few weeks I will look at some ways in which parents can help, and not get stressed!

Latest Posts

Partnering for the Future

Often, when we talk about partnering, the discussion focuses on supporting parents’ right to choose the education they want. In a very real sense, independent schools rely on parents’ support to sustain the viability of this education choice.

Read More »

Uniform Shop 2023

If you are a current Kuyper parent (i.e. your children are attending this year) and you require a fitting, there is a link to make a booking for your family.

Read More »

Riches of the Earth

Anything we can imagine on Earth is nothing when we compare it to God’s kingdom. God’s Kingdom is a treasure and exceeds anything of earthly value.

Read More »