Homework Insights #1

Homework & You by Bill Rusin

Homework is an opportunity for children to learn and enrich their education and it can give parents a greater stake in the learning process. Parents are most important in making homework a spark that encourages a child to learn. Parents do this simply by being interested and available. However, engaging with homework can be stressful for parents. Here are some questions I am familiar with, as an educator:

• How can I get John to do his homework; all he wants to do is play on the computer and watch TV?
  • Why isn’t Rachel getting more homework?
  • David is involved in so many things like sport, youth group and helping at home that he doesn’t have time to do much homework.
  • How can I help Amy with her Maths; even I don’t understand it?
  • Does homework really do any good?

Over the next few weeks I will look at some ways in which parents can help, and not get stressed!

Latest Posts

Non-Uniform Day

On Thursday next week, we will hold a non-uniform Crazy Glasses day to raise money for CBM. Students are encouraged to wear crazy glasses and non-uniform and bring a gold coin.

Read More »

Good Stories

Nothing captivates our imaginations, pulls on our heart strings or sends us on a rollercoaster of emotions like a good story. It’s the reason why many of us spend hours with our noses in a book, or eyes glued to a cinema screen. We love stories.

Read More »

Special 40 Year Event

Parents, Association members, alumni and staff are warmly invited to celebrate the significant milestone of our 40 Year Anniversary with two special events at the end of this term.

Read More »

Exploring God’s World

My Preps are experts at noticing amazing things in God’s creation, everyday. I call them “God’s Little Explorers”; they see and seek God in all the little things, and they rejoice!

Read More »

Athletics Carnival

On Friday this week, our Kuyper Athletics Carnival will be held at McMahons Park, Kurrajong. Here is some useful information for the day.

Read More »